Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Today’s must-see Ford-related video is the one embedded above, of Will Ferrell, in character as Ron Burgundy on Conan O’Brien, singing Rob Ford’s “campaign song.” This actually makes a little bit of sense, because Ferrell has more Ford expertise than the average Hollywood actor. He actually met the mayor back in July 2012.
- But if you watch any other Ford-related video today, make it this brilliantly assembled fantasy trailer for a Rob Ford movie, starring (naturally) Chris Farley.
- It’s getting harder and harder to keep track of all the mayor’s various gaffes and scandals. Thankfully, some internet samaritan has arranged them all chronologically, and by subject (like, “conflict of interest,” “ethical problems,” or “buffoonery”).
- Here’s an interesting data point: an analysis by PressProgress shows that over 40 per cent of the money Ford’s mayoral campaign raised in 2010 came from outside Toronto.
- And with The World’s Biggest Bookstore officially on borrowed time, let’s all take a moment to remember the best thing the store ever did: serve as a crucial setting in the movie Short Circuit 2