Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- In case there was any doubt, things are still grim in the newspaper world. Despite making Canadians pay for online access to the National Post, Postmedia is still reporting big losses, and it’s safe to assume that the other papers are under similar pressure.
- Speaking of Toronto newspapers, the Sun, usually a Ford-friendly outlet, has been unusually hard on the mayor lately. There was the whole thing with Joe Warmington, and now here’s Don Peat implicitly comparing Ford to Cartman.
- Gawker‘s John Cook is as surprised as the rest of us by the news that police were watching his rendezvous with the seller of that video that supposedly shows Rob Ford smoking crack.
- What happens inside a lesbian haunted house? As you might expect, Carrie Bradshaw is one of the monsters.
- Apparently Jian Ghomeshi is getting really popular in America. George Stroumboulopoulos (whose foray into stateside broadcasting reportedly didn’t go so well) must be so pissed.