Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Snowboarder Sebastien Toutant found a way to take advantage of the December 27 blizzard that covered Montreal with snow, as you can see in the video above. Is there anywhere in Toronto where a rider could attempt something similar?
- Also out of Quebec, Bloomberg Businessweek blows the lid off Canada’s maple syrup cartel. Apparently the brown stuff costs 13 times as much per barrel as crude oil, but just imagine how good the air would smell if cars ran on it.
- Honest Ed will march as part of the festivities surrounding Barack Obama’s second inauguration. No, the other Honest Ed. (The Obama part is for real, though.)
- Here’s a story that, in a better world, would have Rob Ford and other surface-LRT opponents questioning their entire life’s work: some Eglinton-area residents are actually upset that the underground portion of the forthcoming Crosstown LRT is going to be slightly longer than initially planned.
- Zipcar has been bought out by the man, man.