Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Oxford Properties, one of several big developers salivating at the notion of building a casino in downtown Toronto, has released some new renderings [PDF, and also pictured above] of what its proposed Front Street gambling resort would look like. It all seems pretty nice, but then again, when has an architectural rendering ever not seemed nice?
- Godfrey Chan and Jonathan Ng have put together a handy website that lets people rank and sort restaurants participating in Winterlicious. It’s called The ‘Licious Map, and it’s pretty neat.
- If Finance Minister Jim Flaherty has looked a little pinkish to you lately, it’s not your TV: turns out he’s been suffering from a rare, non-life-threatening skin condition called bullous pemphigoid. Could this explain all the makeup?
- Not helpful: even as real estate prices skyrocket, there is “weighty evidence” to suggest that construction companies have been colluding to drive up the cost of home foundations.
- Also not helpful: Wladyslaw Lizon, a Conservative MP from Mississauga, is one of three ministers who have written the RCMP to request that some abortions be investigated as homicides.