Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Elementary teachers at eight public school boards—including Toronto’s—held a one-day strike today, leading to many instances of scenes like the one pictured above. Kids: We hope you got lots of video gaming and cartoon watching in. Parents: We hope you’re okay.
- Pitcher R.A. Dickey is joining the Toronto Blue Jays in 2013, and apparently he’s really, really into Star Wars, to the extent that he warms up to the Imperial March.
- Police have arrested some people believed to be responsible for stealing about a tenth of Quebec’s “strategic maple syrup reserve.”
- Soul singer Jarvis Church staged an impromptu show on the subway a little while ago, and the video of it is pretty great.
- But why can’t we have ponies on the subway, like Berlin?