Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- If you liked Tuesday’s Photoist, of a mall bench, and the people who took turns sitting on it—it’s more captivating than it sounds—there’s a whole set of photos on Flickr from photographer John Ferri.
- Good things come in threes; bad-news headlines are no exception. Here, then, are December’s best: “RCMP say there’s not enough evidence to charge Justin Bieber,” “Pregnant woman rescued from storm after dog locks her out of car,” and now, “Toronto Santa Claus parade sued after man hit in face with candy bar.”
- Don’t read it unless you’re ready to: Toronto Life‘s heart-shattering profile of Robert Munsch, a man who we’ll love for ever and like for always, is online now.
- Ho! Ho! Ho! Canada Deux is a two-part, free-for-download compilation of Canadian Christmas songs, with artists from Basia Bulat to By Divine Right—and a good many songs recorded just for the mix, too. Here’s the first Ho! Ho! Ho! Canada.
- And Patrick Cain, of course, mapped that bicycle count report thing, showing the relative sizes of the packs of cyclists who come into the downtown at different entry points.