Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
Photo by Lynn….
- Chicagoist revelled in the beauty of its city in autumn.
- Gothamist had a week of big stories unfold—Mayor Bloomberg narrowly won his controversial third term while the Yankees won their twenty-seventh World Series Championship (yes, suck it, Philly) and celebrated with a ticker-tape parade.
- Seattlest talked about gay marriage, performing, and the sexiness of the Pacific Northwest with Rufus Wainwright.
- Bostonist saw a near-death experience on the subway.
- Shanghaiist welcomed Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson to their town. To prove how Chinese they were, they proceeded to play a game of Chinese chess for us.
- DCist watched as a local gay couple got engaged in the middle of a DC Council hearing on whether to legalize same-sex marriage in the nation’s capital.
- LAist eagerly reported that a prominent doctor was found guilty on multiple charges in a road-rage incident in which he slammed on his brakes to deliberately block a cyclist riding behind him.
- SFist continued to follow the details of the Richmond High School gang rape, where a student was beaten and raped on school grounds over a two-and-a-half-hour period.
- Londonist completely geeked out with London’s very own periodic table of trivia.
- Phillyist didn’t dwell too long on the Phillies’ World Series loss, what with Philadelphia’s transit workers on an unpopular strike, which has forced many Philadelphians to bike or drive to work.