Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- The analysts are weighing in on the just-announced Loblaw/Shoppers Drug Mart buyout. Consensus: it’s at least partly about capturing the urban market.
- Reliable Twitterers are saying that the Sun‘s editor in chief, James Wallace, has stepped down.
- In other Sun news, the paper reports that its website is now blocked in China. Could government censors over there have been scandalized by the “City Hall hotties” poll?
- Sure, Ronnie Hawkins is a local music legend, but who knew he had a $14.9 million property in the Kawarthas? He calls it Hawkstone Manor, and it’s for sale.
- The crookie—an Oreo/croissant hybrid pastry created by Clafouti, a local patisserie, as competition for New York’s venerable cronut—was featured on The Today Show after weeks of international notice from news outlets large and small. Underreported in all of this is the fact that the Grid basically started the whole thing.