Because of the heat, some public pools will remain open until 11:45 p.m.
If you’ve left the house today, you may have noticed that it’s extremely hot and humid outside. The City has noticed this too, and that’s why eight public pools are going to be going to be open until 11:45 p.m. tonight. Which pools? These pools:
- Alex Duff Memorial Pool (779 Crawford Street)
- Alexandra Park Pool (275 Bathurst Street)
- Cummer Park Indoor Pool (6000 Leslie Street)
- Giovanni Caboto Outdoor Pool (1369 St. Clair Avenue West)
- McGregor Park Outdoor Pool (2231 Lawrence Avenue East)
- Monarch Park Pool (115 Felstead Avenue)
- Smithfield Outdoor Pool (175 Mount Olive Drive)
- Sunnyside-Gus Ryder Outdoor Pool (1755 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
Sure, an evening swim in an open pool isn’t quite as thrilling as an illicit dip in one that’s closed for the night, but, on the other hand, there’s less chance you’ll get arrested this way.