Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
Councillor Glenn De Baeremaeker debating the City’s budget at City Hall this afternoon.
- That, right there, is a toilet, on the desk of Councillor Glenn De Baeremaeker (Ward 38, Scarborough Centre). He brought this very compelling prop to help keep his colleagues riveted as he introduced a motion regarding Toronto’s low-flow toilet rebate, which the Ford administration wants to cut and De Baeremaeker wants to save. Debate over the City’s 2011 budget continues through this week and possibly into next.
- Urban Toronto pays a visit to Toronto—Toronto, Ohio, that is.
- The Huffington Post also pays a visit to Toronto—the one in Ontario, this time—and waxes envious about the Royal Conservatory of Music’s Learning Through the Arts program, which helps teachers integrate arts activities throughout their teaching of the curriculum.
- Out My Window, an interactive National Film Board web documentary which we looked at last month, has just been nominated for an Emmy.
- Someone with arguably far too much time on their hands has made a Facebook page that imagines what it might be like if Prince William and Kate Middleton actually visited Toronto. (Even though they aren’t.)