Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
The Royal York Hotel, once Toronto’s tallest building. Photo by wvs from the Torontoist Flickr Pool.
- From Urban Toronto, a list of Toronto’s ten tallest buildings, going all the way back to 1929. Longest reign on top? Not the CN Tower—not yet, at least, because for thirty-five years, from 1931 to 1966, Commerce Court North ruled the roost.
- Wayne Gretzky: bathroom wall tagger.
- You will be pleased to know that the sidewalk outside of 401 Richmond Street—the construction of which is documented on The Sidewalk Files—is going great.
- CBC Radio 3 has announced the winners of their 2010 Bucky Awards. Sexiest artist? Maylee Todd.
- Eye sent a seven-year-old kid to rate mall Santas, because that’s how Eye frigging rolls these days.