Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Relive the magic of Pat Thornton’s twenty-four hour standup dare with this video from Torontoist’s own Corbin Smith, starring about one one-hundredth of the Kevin Sorbo and Rob Ford jokes made during the thing.
- Google Maps now offers directions for cyclists, on top of their driving, walking, and transit options—provided you’re one of the lucky ones who can see a little cyclist icon when you go to the “Get Directions” page, and provided you have much luck using it; it’s in beta for now.
- Some people, including the Dupont and Spadina Corner Collective (or DuSpa, whose previous work we’ve been big fans of), are planning to welcome Rob Ford’s mayoralty tomorrow with a rally against him. If this is any hint of how it’s going to go down, though, perhaps Ford would be wise to implement a $60 acoustic guitar registration tax.
- Meanwhile, just-moved punk record store Hits and Misses’ head honcho, Peter Genest, is not the likeliest Rob Ford supporter, but he is one anyway.
- And we didn’t make it to this past weekend’s Woofstock—this was enough, wasn’t it?—but the Star‘s photographers sure did.