Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
Spectators catch the view from Altitude 360, the twenty-ninth-storey viewing platform on top of Millbank Tower in London, England. Photo by Dean Nicholas/Londonist.
- Londonist paddled around in an ancient buried river beneath the city’s streets, looked down from a new bar twenty-nine storeys over London and reported UFO sightings over the north of the town.
- Gothamist was stunned when a JetBlue flight attendant apparently had a meltdown and then exited the plane via emergency slide. It’s unclear whether Steven Slater is a working man’s hero for telling off a bad passenger or was actually drunk, but it’s an amazing story nonetheless.
- Chicagoist survived another edition of Lollapalooza, at which they were unimpressed by Lady Gaga, actually dug Green Day, were blown away by Arcade Fire, and checked out a slew of other bands with 240,000 of their closest friends.
- DCist’s enthusiasm about Shake Shack coming to town was tempered after yet another big thunderstorm caused a big mess.
- LAist shared a video from a Beverly Hills paper showing a Wilshire Boulevard crosswalk sting that netted fifty-three motorist citations in ninety minutes.
- Seattlest learned what happens when a tattoo goes terribly wrong.
- SFist published a Facebook conversation between eyewitnesses of a Union Square shooting that took the life of a German tourist.