Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
Little Italy’s little Tim Hortons. Photo by Michael Chrisman/Torontoist.
- There’s a little controversy in Little Italy, as a Tim Hortons recently opened at 745 College Street. Some people don’t like that, and some don’t really mind.
- Remember when Toronto Star editor Michael Cooke raged against bloggers? Wonder whether he thinks that his paper re-publishing a Canadian Press story that regurgitates a days-old Huffington Post article—the sort of thing the Star does all the time—counts as Frank Sinatra or karaoke…
- It took a while, but the Banksy on Spadina has been tagged over, which means there’s only one piece still intact. It’s all our fault!
- …but at least Posterchild’s riot gear–wearing Stephen Harper piece is still unharmed, even as other graffiti around it was painted over.
- And today, in disappointing tweets: “New France coach drops all 23 World Cup players,” which is sadly not about the colony that the land Toronto’s now on was called hundreds of years ago.