Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
- Gothamist got a double dose of pop culture invading reality: a woman based her sex life on Sex and the City‘s Samantha Jones and Darth Vader robbed a Long Island bank.
- DCist covered the testy battle between a popular local café and the advisory neighborhood commission which coarsely opposed the cafe’s application for an alcohol license.
- LAist took on the not-too-terribly-awful task (wink) of locating and eating all the restaurant Lobster Rolls in the city, and proclaimed the best…and worst.
- SFist worried about a $150,000 Target donation that helped promote an anti-gay Minnesota gubernatorial candidate. The retail chain wants to open their first two stores in San Francisco by 2012.
- Chicagoist rocked out and survived the heat at the annual Pitchfork Music Festival. (Recaps: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3; Photos.)
- Londonist turned upper-class, with a visit to the Chap Olympiad (umbrella jousting, pipe-smokers’ relay, cucumber sandwich discus…), then sprinted away from a swarm of bees, which invaded Soho.
- Bostonist traveled to New Orleans for Tales of the Cocktail, tracking Boston bartenders and attending sessions about umami.
- Shanghaiist was surprised when police actually apologizing for beating up someone, even if it was only because they realized too late that the “petitioner” they punched and kicked for sixteen minutes was actually an official’s wife.