Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
Photo by Piriya Metcalfe.
- Chicagoist marveled at movie magic as downtown was turned into a war zone for filming of the upcoming let-down Transformers 3 (even if it did snarl traffic).
- Gothamist was shocked to hear that four hundred Canada geese were euthanized in Prospect Park, apparently to keep geese numbers down, lest they fly into planes.
- DCist spent its week wondering if it had relocated to the west coast: D.C. was named North America’s most “veg-friendly” city, the District government took a street vending survey, and there was even an earthquake.
- Shanghaiist found a café in Beijing modeled exactly after Central Perk from the TV show Friends.
- LAist finally got readers interested in local politics when they announced that a cyclist activist (and onetime LAist contributor) was running for City Council.
- Londonist peered into the sewers beneath Leicester Square, where workers are chiselling away at “fatbergs.” They also sought nominations for London’s ugliest new building.
- SFist liveblogged an Apple press conference about a phone.