Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
Cheer SF catching air at San Francisco’s post-Pride Civic Center party. Generik11.
- SFist, following the annual Gay Pride Parade festivities, reported on a related police beating caught on tape.
- DCist said hello to a new editor-in-chief and got excited about Spike Mendelsohn’s new pizzeria.
- LAist followed up with the new and improved Critical Mass bike ride; turns out behaving well equals “overwhelming success.”
- Shanghaiist found proof that Barack Obama is not only a communist and not from the U.S., he also lends his name to a supermarket there, as well.
- Chicagoist mingled with older women at the Second Annual Cougar Convention.
- Phillyist celebrated its fifth birthday and cleared out its archives to celebrate.
- Londonist went through the highs and lows this week, climbing to an unlikely bar and sculpture park on top of a disused parking lot, then dropping down underground to take pics of a long-abandoned Tube station.
- Gothamist learned that Hollister closed its Soho flagship store because of…bedbugs! The store reopened a few days later, but who knows how well fumigation worked?
- Houstonist mourned the loss of two of their favorite haunts, focused some attention on local poster art, and talked with musical wünderkind Lance Higdon.