Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
Photo by Michael Chrisman/Torontoist.
- At some point over the past few days, a ghost bike for Darcy Allan Sheppard appeared outside of Old City Hall, with a note reading that “THIS BIKE IS A REMINDER THAT CYCLIST RIGHTS WERE KILLED ON THIS SPOT BY THE ONTARIO JUSTICE SYSTEM.” In a typically thoughtful editorial in Eye (“The People vs. Michael Bryant”), though, Ed Keenan argues that the decision to drop charges against Bryant was the right one.
- Also in Eye, Shawn Micallef writes about how if you ride a bike, you should wear a helmet, for reasons both personal and political.
- Toronto Police this afternoon released their list of the six dozen locations where new G20-specific CCTV security cameras will be installed [PDF]. The cameras, cops promise in the release, “will be removed at the completion of the…summit.” We’ll see.
- There was a big power outage downtown today and now it’s over.
- And @rebelmayor is suing BlogTO. That must be what the rain outside is for.