Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
Photo by Troy Holden.
- SFist wondered why someone would mow down four cyclists during a hit-and-run rampage.
- LAist checked out the new Happy Hour at a swank bar and didn’t like the whole experience…but the chef/owner and his wife liked the review even less, and lashed out at the reviewer.
- Chicagoist watched in amusement as former governor Rod Blagojevich interrupted a kickball game on the eve of his federal corruption trial, which kicked off on Thursday.
- Londonist watched their mayor get into an argument with some local bikers and established how much of the UK would be in trouble if the Gulf of Mexico oil slick were somehow centered on London.
- Gothamist wondered if this woman is too sexy to work at Citibank—she claims her bosses fired her because she distracted her male colleagues. Some male customers admitted to going out of their way to do their business at her branch.
- Phillyist reported on a local theatre company whose ad was declined by the local newspaper’s official website, owing, perhaps, to its controversial subject matter.
- Shanghaiist examined the phenomenon of McRefugees—people who, due to high rents and low paying jobs, use twenty-four-hour fast food restaurants as cheap motels.
- Houstonist prepared for this weekend’s Free Press Summer Fest and solved all your problems for tracking World Cup action.