Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
Photo by Matt Baume.
- SFist snapped these shots of an angry missive spraypainted on the side of an Alamo Square house.
- LAist watched as the City Council vote 14–1 in favor of a resolution that essentially bans the city from doing business with the state of Arizona, as a result of their new immigration law.
- Chicagoist discussed and debated visits by two very disparate visitors to their city this week: graffiti artist Banksy and Sarah Palin.
- Houstonist reveled in the new album from Sara Van Buskirk, played around with the oil spill in the gulf, and pondered Hunter Pence’s future.
- Gothamist was amused by the tale of the New York Times columnist who decided to enter a chef’s kitchen to berate the chef (who was yelling at an employee), only to be tossed of the restaurant. The chef insists he’s “not a psycho bully.”
- Phillyist invited readers to listen to its contributors’ favorite music.
- Londonist welcomed in a new government, who moved quickly to block expansion at Heathrow Airport. But anyone who does fly to these shores should check out this awesome iPhone app that superimposes old photos of London onto the phone’s camera view.
- Shanghaiist found Mickey Mouse crucified at a China mall.