Torontoist is one of thirteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list that is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-a-Verse.
- Chicagoist marveled at local comic-book artist Chris Ware’s rejected cover for Fortune magazine.
- Gothamist was surprised, but not really that surprised, when the NYPD removed dozens of bikes—without warning—along President Obama’s motorcade route. The damaged bikes are ready for their owners to pick them up Monday.
- Phillyist recommends that, if you’re running the legendary Penn Relays, you refrain from dining on escolar the evening before.
- Londonist was flooded with nominations for best London film and relished a few more amazing days of clear blue skies thanks to the Icelandic “cat-ash-trophe.”
- Shanghaiist was floored by Chinese pianist Lang Lang’s performance of “Flight of the Bumblebee” on his iPad.
- Bostonist learned about Owen Pallett’s chin-up fantasies.
- LAist talked with Unique LA founder Sonja Rasula about the importance of buying local, handmade goods and how her wildly successful shopping event came to be.
- SFist welcomed new Banksy artwork to the neighbourhood.