Torontoist is one of fourteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list which is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-A-Verse.
- Gothamist went to the scene of the Trump Soho construction collapse, which left one construction worker dead and others injured (an indirect culprit––Manhattan’s hot real estate market, causing rushed construction jobs).
- Shanghaiist is confused by media reports as to whether Playboy will be available in China during the year of the Olympics.
- LAist got fugged in an interview with the Go Fug Yourself girls.
- SFist uncovered even more of SOMA district’s recurring neo-Naziesque graffiti.
- Phillyist visited scantily-clad women giving out Tofurkey in honor of Philadelphia’s favorite founding father.
- Londonist witnessed Amnesty International bringing Guantanamo Bay to the American embassy to raise the profile of the continuing campaign to close the detention center.
- Seattlest reviewed J.J. Abrams’ new camcorder monster movie.
- DCist was relieved to hear that Stephen Colbert’s portrait is finally hanging up in the National Portrait Gallery.
- Austin was in shock after hearing about an Arlington stepfather who sodomized his stepson who sodomized his daughter.
- Chicagoist healthily reported on week three of the smoking ban.
- Houstonist saw a recent Rice University scientific creation, touted as “the darkest substance known to man.”
Photograph of the Trump Soho by Riccardo Sinti.