Elsewhere in the Ist-A-Verse
Torontoist is one of fourteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list which is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-A-Verse.
- Londonist pondered who might be the next sponsors of the London Eye and whether or not readers would be willing to donate £1,000 each for a Londonist Eye.
- Shanghaiist was shocked to find a cameltoe in the city’s only English-language paper.
- Gothamist believed that a writer who wanted pre-gentrified gritty New York and ended up getting beaten up during a mugging learned his lesson.
- DCist followed Mayor Adrian Fenty and the D.C. Council to New Hampshire, where they helped introduce a bill that would signal that state’s support of voting rights for the District.
- SFist witnessed (and predicted) San Clemente’s Greg Long winning this year’s Mavericks Surf Contest.
- LAist reported on everything you wanted to know about this year’s most anticipated movie, Cloverfield, as told by director Matt Reeves.
- Bostonist watched as Bronson Arroyo, formerly of the Red Sox and now of the Cleveland Indians, pleaded to return to Boston––in song.
- Chicagoist saw lightning strike twice.
- Austinist presented Texas rap.
- Houstinist interviews Big Daddy’s Ass Burn Hot Sauce founder Trevi Biles.
- Phillyist supported an end of the city’s “quack-tacular” duck tours.
- Seattlest discussed this year’s presidential election with some top-notch political writers.