Elsewhere in the Ist-A-Verse
Torontoist is one of fourteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list which is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-A-Verse.
- LAist listed a top ten list of sorts: things they hope not to see in Los Angeles in 2008. (One example, pictured above).
- Shanghaiist was surprised to learn that “godless,” “atheist,” and “commie” China is soon going to be the world’s largest supplier of Bibles!
- Londonist was relieved to hear the fire at the Royal Marsden hospital didn’t harm any of the patients even though it was a pretty big blaze.
- Phillyist resolved to be better in 2008.
- Gothamist marveled at a lawsuit from a nightclub patron who was beaten up by bouncers over a questionable bill.
- Bostonist has a word of advice for all ballplayers––look up the name of the drink in Urban Dictionary before you endorse it, OK? Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis has signed up to market an energy drink entitled the “SlumpBuster.”
- Austinist has your SXSW 2008 news and rumor updates.
- Chicagoist breathed easier after smoking was banned from any and all indoor spaces in 2008.
- SFist witnessed a mighty storm––well, mighty for Californians, that is––blow through the Bay Area.
- Seattlest saw controversy about Starbuck’s new Skinny Latte grow even wider.
- Houstonist chatted with a College Cheerleader of the Year candidate.
- DCist read about Ruben Castaneda, a crack addict and Post Metro correspondent.
Photo from Malingering