Torontoist is one of fourteen cities in the worldwide Gothamist network. Each Sunday, the editors of every site—from LAist to Londonist—choose their most interesting article, a list which is compiled into the network-wide feature Elsewhere In The Ist-A-Verse.
- A towering bench mysteriously appeared in Manhattan, and New York City officials are baffled.
- Chicago tragically lost one of its most recognizable neighborhood icons, the pigeon man of Lincoln Square.
- The Los Angeles Police Department left a body in a car at crash scene, then towed it.
- In Boston, Massachusetts plus mullet equals PR mayhem.
- Londonist slept in a Haunted plague pit.
- UC Berkeley students stripped naked and raced through campus, and NSFW floppiness ensued.
- Phillyist continued counting down to 2008 this week with a mind-boggling list of 2007’s most ridiculous local news stories.
Photograph by Patrick Verel. Compiled by Brock Keeling.