We publish a lot of articles on Torontoist, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. Populist is a weekly recap, appearing every Sunday night, that features some of the coolest, most interesting, most commented, and most recommended posts from our past week.
- David Topping had the unenviable job of writing about Rosie DiManno…twice. (This week’s two most recommended posts; the former is this week’s most-commented.) He also wrote about Feist getting some love from the blogs, which really shouldn’t surprise anyone.
- Val Dodge knows a guy who knows a guy who reads The Star who can get you a sick deal on a counterfeited bag.
- Kevin Bracken checked out a sweet-looking Toronto mod for Half-Life 2, and chronicled the changing face of Queen Street West’s trendiest strip.
- Marc Lostracco announced some of the finalists for Torontoist and the National Post’s Flags For All contest.
- Karen Whaley wrote about that crazy cyclist-motorist confrontation downtown, an event that won’t do much to help the animosity between this city’s drivers and bikers.
- Stephen Johns wrote about the Leafs’ wild season so far. A team “seemingly hell-bent on driving their doggedly loyal fans to drink”? That sounds about right.
- Jayson Young covered the weirdest press release we’ve gotten in a really long time.
- Erinn Cunningham started a new column, The View From Afar, a photo series about what Toronto can learn from other cities. First up: Highway 5.