We publish a lot of articles on Torontoist, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. Populist is a weekly recap, appearing every Sunday night, that features some of the coolest, most interesting, most commented, and most recommended posts from our past week.
- David Topping continued DiManno Watch, which Webster’s defines as “kick-ass.” (This week’s most-recommended post.) Also, did you read this one from Friday, where DiManno referred to Jiri Tlusty’s penis, or “willy,” as a villy––’cause he’s Czechoslovakian, get it?
- Jonathan Goldsbie wrote about the TTC ultra-crude new wayfinding system: duct tape. If the TTC riders don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
- Marc Lostracco wrote about the ROM’s lucky discovery of some Barosaurus bones in its archives, and the death of Music World.
- Miles Storey featured some great photos from Newmindspace’s crazy lightsaber battle.
- Roxanne Bielksis wrote about an excellent idea from worldchanging.com: unionizing TTC ridership.
- Chris Tindal sung the praises––and pointed out the flaws––of the WWF’s latest ad campaign, which, strangely, did not feature Triple H, Kurt Angle, or the Undertaker.
- Readers’ favourite photo of the week (by recommends) was this other-worldly (or at least other-continently) shot of a Rexdale mandir, taken by khalijkhazar.