Toronto Hates Taxes, Loves Honest Ed, Mixed On Elephants
Torontoist has been acquired by Daily Hive Toronto - Your City. Now. Click here to learn more.

Torontoist

5 Comments

news

Toronto Hates Taxes, Loves Honest Ed, Mixed On Elephants

elephant2.jpg Three elephants from the Garden Brothers circus escaped their handlers and took a brief tour of a residential neighbourhood in Newmarket last night. The elephants aren’t kept in cages but do have a rope around their foot to keep them from wandering, which doesn’t work. Local residents said that after initial alarm they were delighted with the unexpected early morning zaniness.
Good news for traveling half-wits—airport screeners have been instructed to issue a warning rather than automatically calling police when passengers make “jokes” like “Hi, Jack!” Hijacking planes remains illegal.
Following Mayor David Miller’s decision to impose a raft of new taxes on the city, a poll has found that 69% of Torontonians would like to see any new taxes discussed in the next municipal election before being implemented. The other 31% didn’t understand the question.
Funeral services for much-loved Toronto icon Honest Ed Mirvish will be held today at 11 a.m., and at least 3000 people are expected to attend. Details are here if you want to pay your respects.
Photo by GunnerX from the Torontoist Flickr Pool.

Comments