This is it! The chance you’ve been dreaming about since middle school has finally come true: an open casting call for Dirty Dancing – The Classic Story On Stage. No joke.
Not a professional? Not a problem. If you’re in your late teens to mid 30s, you think you can dance, and your singing doesn’t sound like ass, report to O.I.P. Dance Studio at 9 am sharp on Tuesday January 16 (women) or Wednesday the 17th (men), 2007.
Producers are looking for men and women “of all racial backgrounds” and unlike previoius Mirvish shows, you won’t even need to manage stilts or puppets for this one! (Watermelons optional.) You will, however, need some Ballroom, Latin and contemporary dance experience and excellent partnering skills.
If you decide to try out, note the following:
- Bring a current photo and resume, stapled together (back-to-back).
- Come dressed ready to dance. Women, please wear a skirt and shoes with a dance heel. No baggy clothes, please. It’s dirty dancing, not comfy dancing.
- If you are not dressed in the correct dance attire, you will not be allowed to audition.
- Be prepared to sing as well as dance. Please bring sheet music from the era (1960’s).
- A pianist will be provided.
- No previous professional experience is required.
- Members of the Canadian Actors’ Equity Association will be seen first at all auditions.
Images from the West End production of Dirty Dancing on Stage