Stillepost is atwitter about tonight’s BSS/Jay Mascis show at the Mod Club (doors 7:00). Like previous times when Toronto’s biggest “indie” band has played the message board goes crazy. Torontoist has sifted through the dozens of messages and has this roundup of five fun facts:
1) BSS really love Dinosaur Jr. and J. Mascis so much that they’ll be doing a whole bunch of Dinosaur Jr. covers tonight instead of all the usual BSS fare. Hence Broken Mascis Scene.
2) Does BSS’s breakout album You Forgot it in People really sound like a long-lost Dinosaur Jr. disc?
3) Proceeds from the $30 ticket price will be going to this charity or the pockets of BSS members depending on whether you feel like spreading really really evil and most likely false gossip.
4) Will going to this show mean you’ll miss Jon Rae and the River at the Horseshoe?
5) Are Tokyo Police Club opening for this show or not?