– Adam Nayman slaughters Cameron Crowe’s Elizabethtown on the Eyeblog. It’s a rough cut, but the trailers (and Kirsten Dunst in a beret) have been scary enough.
– Pop Wherry reports that Thursday’s Hard Rock Cafe Tribute Bands Katrina concert may or may not include New Orleans is Sinking.
– How close have you ever gotten to Bono’s right hand?
– A bummer: Zoilus will be retiring his Overtones column. Can Gary Michael Dault pick up the slack?
– Chris Martin discovered the Arcade Fire. And Torontoist invented velcro.
– “At 4:47 p.m., Domi drove into City Hall’s underground garage. He left 13 minutes later..” Nothing deep throatish, just the obvious results of the inquiry, to which Mayor Miller responds by asking the OPP to look in into conclusions.