Film Fridays: Life After TIFF
Is there a word for fear of lines? queuphobia? Whatever. TIFF has nearly passed, and as the media environment clears of five-minute celebrity interviews and capsule reviews, a whole array of other cinematic choices emerge.
– On Saturday Trinity Square Video presents short local docs about everyday life in TO, as part of the Queen West Art Crawl. 7 and 9pm screenings at Camera bar.
– Jon Heder in a Reese Witherspoon pseudoRomCom? And he’s playing ‘new agey.’ Looks terrible, but it can’t be worse than The Wayward Cloud.
– The World’s Best Commercials will be screened a handful of times next week at the Royal. Who needs golden lions when you’ve got the gold clio.
– And thanks for all the fish, Hitchhiker’s is out on dvd this week, and packed with goofy extras. Martin Freeman bloopers? Hurrah.
-“This is for real,” says the President of the Toronto Film Studios, and it looks like the project may be all systems go.
– And one end-o-filmfest link. When McLaren met Deschanel.