Torontoist recently had to defend itself from charges that the site has become too music-centric lately. And really, our defense is that we have none. Pretty much every night of this week could be spent at a show, and Torontoist has almost done that. DJ Serious last night, Arcade Fire the night before, Caribou, Plaskett, Dizzee Rascal…Will it ever end? Chromewaves tells us he’s going to NINE shows in May, and 1051am are on a similar pace. Even our little friend PaigeSix has been to three concerts in the last week. So we ask you, is it us that is too music orientated? Or is that April has been totally rad for concerts? Here’s tonight’s line-up:
– Rascal at Opera House for $20. Dream!
– Caribou at Horseshoe for $12.
– Meligrove Band at ElMo for $5.
…and on Friday,
– Torontoist interviewee Joel Plaskett plays three nights straight at Hugh’s Room for $17. (That’s $17 per show, not for all three.)
– Mando Diao, of Swedish garage rock fame, play the Horseshoe for $10. These people could be on the O.C. soon.