Nobody said it’d be easy, but no one ever said it would be this hard. It’s the time of year, much like that time of year, that Mixtapes are not in the mandate. Sorry if the music selection is scant this week.
1. Okay – “Now”, and Okay – “Compass”
Mr Okay is intensely ill and hooked up to an IV machine all day due to a rare form of Crohn’s. Incredibley, he also released two albums today. Okay!
2. Matt Mays + El Torpedo – “Cocaine Cowgirl” Video
The pride of Dartmouth, N.S.
3. Thunderbirds are Now! – “From Skulls”
Stolen from Travis.
4. Decemberists – “The Engine Driver”
Album came out last week or the week before or whenever.
5. Bright Eyes ft. Spleen – “Mushaboom”
This is a cover of everyone’s favourite Canadian songstress, mentioned in last Sunday’s NYT. Thanks Brooklyn Vegan.
We do our best because that is all we can do. Until next week!