Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not to miss.
- Gifs don’t always have to involve mostly naked female pop stars perched on wrecking balls or men hilariously pretending to be mostly naked female pop stars perched on wrecking balls. Above, Kyle Pastor proves that they can also be hypnotic and vivid illustrations of how cities like Toronto have grown and changed over time.
- What’s even better than sucking one Christmas parade into the orbit of your crack scandal? Why, sucking in two, of course. The Star is reporting that the mayor might make a point of attending the Etobicoke Lakeshore Santa Claus Parade, and that this prospect is making parade official “nervous.”
- It appears that before the Sports Junkies asked Rob Ford about those new allegations, they fortified themselves with some shots of Fireball.
- The Star shares the stories of some of the women helped by the YWCA’s “December 6 Fund,” which makes interest-free loans available to women fleeing domestic violence.
- Nelson Mandela Park Public School students held a special assembly today in honour of their namesake. News coverage highlighting Mandela’s legacy has largely been informative and thoughtful, but there’s something especially moving about watching these young people celebrate Mandela’s life.