Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Oh good, another Rob Ford opera. (See the video, above.) It’s been a while since we’ve had one of those.
- It seems like the Taiwanese animations of Mayor Rob Ford are getting progressively more bonkers over time. In the latest one, the mayor smokes crack while cuddling a giant beaver (such potent symbolism!) and hangs out with Charlie Sheen.
- The we-no-longer-wish-to-be-associated-with-Rob-Ford bandwagon is going to need some new seats, or possibly a trailer. Iceberg Vodka, the mayor’s vin de table, has just hopped on board.
- And have you seen this Rosie DiManno story that was apparently pulled from the Star‘s website? (The link is to a cached copy.) It’s the most detailed account we’ve seen of what’s known about Ford’s domestic problems. We have no idea why the Star would have published and then unpublished it. (Well, we have some idea.)
- You may have heard that Toronto has more cranes in the air than any other city in North America, but it that actually true? Over at the the Grid, David Topping has a surprisingly nuanced answer.
- Remember when Gawker promised to donate the $184,783 it raised on Indiegogo during its failed attempt to buy the Rob Ford crack video? Toronto Life followed up with all the donees, and it looks like the money is going to good use.
- How do you throw a dinner party for squirrels? Host extraordinaire Corey Mintz has some tips.