Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- A Reddit Toronto user has posted a middle-school class photo from 1981, and a certain scandal-plagued Toronto mayor is in it. Can you spot Mayor Rob Ford?
- Meanwhile, another upstanding internet citizen has created a Rob Ford sound board—perfect for making your own dance remixes of the mayor’s various apologies and confessions.
- There’s going to be an interview with Ford on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 tonight, at 8 p.m. It will apparently be a pre-recorded interview with a reporter named Bill Weir. If the preview video is anything to go by, it’s going to be one of the mayor’s most embarrassing TV appearances of all time (and that’s saying a lot). For instance, this tidbit: “You know what? I made mistakes. I drank too much. I smoked some crack sometimes.” So like, multiple times?
- Premiering tonight at the same time as the AC360 interview is Rob Ford’s new TV show. Its preview video is embarrassing in a completely different way. (Not only for the Fords, but also for the Sun News Network.)
- Also, as of the moment this post was published, today’s council debate over whether or not to strip Ford of even more of his mayoral powers was still underway. Check out our liveblog for constant updates.