Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Famed architect Frank Gehry was at City Hall today, trying to convince councillors not to oppose the massive, three-tower condo complex he and David Mirvish are trying to bring to King Street West. The crux of the issue is that building the new towers would mean tearing down some heritage buildings, and here’s what Gehry had to say about that: “I don’t know whether we should be designating heritage buildings…I think you should preserve [Old] City Hall because I used to go there when I was a kid.” Tactful!
- Where do we even begin with the latest round of stuff about Mayor Rob Ford? Everyone has seen the brutal Today Show interview, haven’t they?
- What about the Anderson Cooper 360 roundtable, where the Star‘s Robyn Doolittle holds her own against some of the most punditty pundits the U.S. has to offer?
- Or the story that made its way onto today’s New York Times front page?
- Or the unbelievably disturbing Sun cartoon of Ford, post castration?
- Or the LA Times op-ed that so perfectly sums up the cross-border appeal of Ford’s story?
- Or Ford’s latest mentions on The Daily Show and The Late Show With David Letterman?
- Or Torontoist‘s own recap of last night’s premiere of Ford’s new TV show?
- We could go like this for hours. What about this essay about Ford’s way of describing the act of cunnilingus?
- Or this news item about Bobby Moynihan injuring himself while playing Ford on Saturday Night Live?
- In any case, we can all agree with Kevin Farley that the real tragedy in all of this is that his brother Chris isn’t alive to take on the role he was so obviously born to play. And with that, goodnight.
This post originally described a video incorrectly. The footage is of an interview with Mayor Rob Ford for the Today Show, not Good Morning America.