Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live segment on Mayor Rob Ford is remarkable, because Kimmel doesn’t even talk that much during it. All he has to do to get laughs is play clips of Wednesday’s city council meeting. (The video is embedded above.)
- Speaking of the U.S. media’s fixation on Ford, is it fair to say that Gawker‘s latest story wins headline of the day?
- The Toronto Argonauts have joined the Santa Claus Parade’s board members on the we-no-longer-wish-to-be-associated-with-the-mayor bandwagon.
- Also, here’s proof—if proof were needed—that life isn’t fair: the Star, whose top-flight reporting has kept the mayor under the magnifying glass (you know, like an ant) for three long years, is laying off more staff members.
- The Grid‘s story on why rent in Toronto is so unbelievably high is a very good read.
- The bad news: two newborn polar bear cubs died at the Toronto Zoo this week. The good news: one cub survived, and is in intensive care. If all goes well, we’ll have a new Hudson in a few months’ time.