Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Mayor Rob Ford has converted part of his office into a haunted house for Halloween. The picture above, from the Sun‘s Don Peat, should give you a sense of what it’s like, but for the full experience we recommend NOW‘s video.
- Also excellent: the Post‘s deadpan recap of a media tour of the mayor’s haunted office. “The mayor is playing a character, although I’m not sure what it is. He is dressed in his usual grey suit, but he is putting on a voice that could be meant to mimic Count Dracula.”
- Meanwhile, TTC Chair Karen Stintz is positioning herself as one of the mayor’s main rivals ahead of the 2014 mayoral election. Spacing‘s John Lorinc sizes up her chances of capturing the centrist vote.
- Banksy wrote an op-ed in which he calls New York’s One World Trade Center “a disaster,” “a non-event,” and “like something they would build in Canada.” Fuck you, Banksy.
- It looks as though the day is approaching when asking for “a coffee” at Tim Hortons will no longer guarantee satisfactory results. The chain is experimenting with a new dark roast.