Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Brian Gilham has created an amazing panorama of graffiti artwork on the construction hoarding next to the West Toronto Railpath. A screenshot is above, but it’s only a tiny segment of the whole thing (the entire panorama would probably stretch to five or six feet if you were to print it all out). You can scroll through it all right here.
- And speaking of unauthorized paint jobs, have you ever noticed those skinny lines of coloured paint that seem to snake for miles on sidewalks and streets in different neighbourhoods around town? David Topping figured out where they come from, and the story is probably not what you’d expect.
- Mayor Rob Ford has barely been in Austin, Texas for a day, and already he’s created a masterpiece of visual art.
- Apparently, late fees on tuition at the University of Toronto carry interest rates comparable to those on credit-card debt. Watch out, kids.
- And the multi-city food blog Eater launched its Toronto offshoot yesterday. A little competition never hurt anybody, right Toronto Life?