Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Brian Burke, former Maple Leafs GM and suer of online commenters, is taking a new job as president of hockey operations for the Calgary Flames.
- Meanwhile, another Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment GM has just been sacked, much like Burke was in January. Kevin Payne, president and GM of Toronto FC, is gone, reportedly as a result of some differences of opinion between him and the team’s ownership.
- Cronut closure: it turns out the reason the cronut burger’s maple-bacon jam topping made so many people ill was likely that it wasn’t properly refrigerated.
- If you really want your ringtone to be Mayor Rob Ford ranting loudly about subways, Newstalk 1010 has you covered.
- The Grid‘s Edward Keenan makes a fantastic case for putting Ryerson University President Sheldon Levy in a headlock until he agrees to restore the Sam The Record Man sign, already.