Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- It looks as though The Real Jerk has found a new home at Gerrard Street East and Carlaw Avenue, more than a year after being evicted from its old location at Queen Street East and Broadview Avenue. The last time the restaurant announced a new location, things didn’t work out so well. But fingers crossed.
- Say what you will about Toronto city council meetings: at least members of the public who attend them aren’t wrestled to the ground by plainclothes police and escorted out in handcuffs. The same can’t be said for Oshawa.
- A newish Tumblr called BikeRackTO “showcases the bikes, bods, and stories of Toronto’s proud cyclists.” (Warning: PG-13-level nudity.)
- How do you steal a baby grand piano from a busy hospital during business hours? Apparently, you hire a couple of unwitting movers to help you, and then just…do it.
- An alleged “very important figure” in the Italian mafia was recently busted in Vaughan.
- We’re fascinated by Toronto-themed tattoos, and NBA number-one draft pick Anthony Bennett may just have topped them all.