Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Mayor Rob Ford is making a point of being really angry that the City spent $75,000 on 30 chairs for the City Hall members lounge, but the briefing note that explains the purchase actually makes it seem somewhat reasonable.
- Meanwhile, the mayor is preparing to lead a music-business mission to Austin, Texas. Last year’s sojourn in Chicago was pretty entertaining, and we assume this will be more of the same.
- And over at NOW Magazine, Jonathan Goldsbie explains some of the weird legal questions surrounding Ford Fest, the mayor’s annual barbecue.
- Lick’s is apparently in some very deep financial trouble. Where will we get our burgers now?
- Corey Mintz’s latest column in the Star, about his mom, is really great.