Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Rob Ford will arm wrestle Hulk Hogan at FanExpo tomorrow. If the mayor wins, we believe he’s legally obligated to wear a championship belt with a buckle the size of a dinner plate for the rest of his term.
- And now, here’s all your cronut burger news. First of all, the tally of food poisoning complaints has risen to 100, according to the latest press release from Toronto Public Health—although we still don’t know how much of that is attributable to the cronut burger.
- Epic Burgers and Waffles, the maker of the cronut burger, remains closed voluntarily while the City continues its investigation. This afternoon, a statement appeared on the food stall’s Facebook page. “In the time that we’ve been operating at the CNE we have had a clean bill of health,” the note says.
- Someone has created an “I Survived the Cronut Burger” t-shirt.
- And, to bring things full circle, here’s what Mayor Rob Ford had to say about the cronut burger: “There’s not too much I’d miss when it comes to food, but that one I passed on.” Wise man.