Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- A community cable station in Whitehorse has created an epic trailer for the city’s televised city council meetings. (It’s embedded above.) If we were to make something similar for Toronto’s city council, we’d probably set it to Yakety Sax.
- Momofuku opened a Milk Bar in Toronto today after telling reporters it wasn’t planning on doing so. It’s not nice to lie, Momofuku. You owe us a crack pie.
- Apparently local grilled cheese restaurant Cheesewerks was able to use this week’s intense heat to make a grilled cheese on the sidewalk.
- Daily Xtra, a local LGBT news outlet, says its website is being blocked by the public Wi-Fi at Tim Hortons because its content is supposedly “not appropriate for all-ages viewing in a public environment.” It’s time for someone at the Tim Hortons head office to learn the difference between “gay” and “pornographic.”
- And apparently all of Mirvish Village will be sold along with Honest Ed’s. We’ll always remember it the way it was.