Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Mayor Rob Ford’s crack scandal continues to fascinate the world. Yesterday, the story made the New Yorker‘s website. The online-only article, by Adam Gopnik, compares Ford to Shakespeare’s Falstaff.
- An apparently stoned Kevin Smith spends the last 20 minutes of his latest podcast talking about Mayor Ford’s predicament. (The relevant bit starts around 1:13.)
- Meanwhile, some state senator from South Carolina whose name happens to be Robert Ford had the misfortune of resigning this week, and now he’s international news because of the coincidence.
- Toronto Life has noticed that Mayor Ford’s official Twitter account has been soldiering on, even as the scandal continues to unfold.
- And finally, this isn’t Ford-related but: poor cabbie.