Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- The GTA is getting two new area codes on Monday: 437 and 365. The Grid explains why, exactly, this is necessary.
- Also phone-related: Wind Mobile is up for sale. If the outcome is a takeover by Rogers or Bell, Toronto’s wireless market could very well go from bad to worse.
- Mayor Rob Ford appeared before a crowd of orthodox Jews, at a religious event. What did he talk about? How much he loves the idea of casino in Toronto, of course.
- Toronto Sun columnist Sue-Ann Levy doesn’t have her own Wikipedia page, which is sort of surprising considering how controversial she is, and how much source material is available. The Academy of the Impossible is holding a “Wikipedia contribution party,” in an attempt to right this wrong.
- Canadian Music Week is happening right now, but not everyone is enjoying themselves. In the midst of the festivities, a Tumblr called Honest Reviews has been semi-anonymously churning out harsh commentary on the festival and the bands playing in it. “A majority of Canadian bands are stuck in 2004 and/or 1994,” says one of the blog’s writers.