Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- The Blue Jays’ Jose Bautista did a Reddit AMA yesterday, and while it was, for the most part, about what you’d expect (“I, along with the whole organization, are really excited about the upcoming season”), there were a few gems. For one, Bautista said he’d grow a playoff beard. For another, he admitted that he loves Betty White’s TV show, Off Their Rockers. Deadpsin found this puzzling.
- After news began to spread earlier this week that Toronto’s estimated population now exceeds Chicago’s, a Chicago Sun-Times columnist had some unkind things to say. But, he tells the Star, it was “all good fun.”
- Here’s an early frontrunner for best/most obnoxious condo name of 2013.
- So it turns out Janet Leiper, the City integrity commissioner whose report on Mayor Rob Ford’s charity fundraising activities indirectly led to him almost losing his seat, loves to surf.
- The Grid has the story of how Canada Goose jackets went from bush-pilot attire to the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue.