Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Gizmodo has named Billy Bishop Airport’s runway (pictured above) one of its “23 Terrifying Runways That Will Stoke Your Fear of Flying.”
- “In his spare time he is perhaps the only beatboxing rapper to also travel by unicycle.” Perhaps, Toronto Star. Perhaps.
- “YOU BUS TO BARRIE. YOU FUCK SHIT UP. YOU BUS BACK TO ORILLIA.” (An amazing find by Reddit Toronto. What “shit” is there to “fuck up” in Barrie, anyway?)
- The first Canadian Target stores are going to be opening up very soon, and the Post says the retailer is going to be running its initial crop of TV ads during this Sunday’s Oscar broadcast.
- And the Guardian seems to think that Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is more than just a pretty good photographer. Thanks in part to his and his sons’ skills with Twitter, the British paper says, he’s “on the way to becoming a breakthrough star in his own right, the first internationally recognizable astronaut since the grainy black and white television images made Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and the original Apollo astronauts into superstars.”